- We have always allowed new artists to rent art supplies from the studio. The intention is to allow a new student to learn whether they enjoy painting and can, in fact, create their own artwork without the need to incur large costs for purchasing the necessary paints and brushes.
In 2022, we will continue that practice with the exception that new students can only rent the necessary supplies for one, five-session painting. After that first painting, they should know whether they want to continue creating artwork. At that point, owning and maintaining one’s own equipment and supplies is actually part of the teaching and learning process.
- Art workshop students must cancel a class session greater than 24 hours before the start of the session to avoid being charged for that session. Exceptions can be negotiated.
- Cake decorating workshop students will receive a syllabus of supplies necessary for the session along with the confirmation email for the workshop. Students are responsible to obtain every item on the syllabus. If the student arrives with less than the supplies necessary to proceed with the class, the class will be cancelled (at the discretion of the instructor). Class fees will not be refunded. A new class date can be negotiated.
If the workshop has multiple students, the instructor will not be able to hold up the teaching topics for the rest of the students. Additional instruction time can be negotiated with the instructor at an additional fee.
- Unless otherwise noted (in the class description) both Art Workshops and Cake Decorating Workshops are allowed a two-hour time frame. Additional time can be negotiated at additional cost. No guarantee is made for the additional time to be contiguous with the original session. Any opportunity for further instruction will be based on the calendar of events.
- Students must clean and vacate the class area in preparation for upcoming students.